Strapping tape and Supportive taping is commonly used by physiotherapists to:
- Relieve your pain
- Improve joint stability
- Enhance athlete confidence
- Reduce injury recurrence
- Prevent injury
- Rigid strapping tape commonly used in taping or strapping is often referred to as “sports tape” or “athletic tape” and is most often a rigid style of strapping tape.
Elastic strapping tape can also be used when less rigidity or support is required.
Supportive Taping & Strapping
Kinesiology tape is an improved version of elastic sports tape that acts to dynamically assist your muscle function.
After your assessment, your physiotherapist will design your optimal taping to best meet your current needs, These can include:
- Stabilise or support the injury
- Pain-relief via a de-loading of the vulnerable or painful structures or
- To facilitate normal movement, muscles or postural patterns.
Please consult your physiotherapist for the best strapping for your injury needs.At Befit Physiotherapy, we have expertise in ankle strapping, knee strapping, shoulder strapping, wrist strapping, hamstring strapping and more.